Saturday 4 September 2010

September 4th

No stitches done since my page finish :(

Having a bit of a downer about it i'm afraid, I sat last night looking through the chart, 23 more pages to go, even if I worked on it as my only project I could do a page in maybe 2 wks, but thats over a year before it would be done, why on earth did I take on such a huge project?

I've just done a thread count & have used around 70 skeins so far, at 85p per skein in theshops thats £59.50 worth of threads alone, add in the fabric & chart & were around £100 already, yikes!! Thankfully I found an ebay seller so my threads cost about half of that price, but its still a huge amount.

I've been tempted more than once to turn it into a UFO to pick up at some time in the future, but as much as she scares me, I imagine just how stunning she will look & it helps. Right now i'm staring at the huge piece of billowing blank fabric wondering if it will ever be filled.

I guess the only thing to do is to put in the first stitch of the page & just take it one stitch at a time. I'm going to try to do daily totals while she is on the hoop, the page contains 7546 stitches

5 comments:

  1. it will take me years to stitch all the HAED's that i have, dont stress about the size, when i get fed up i go onto another project then one day i will have to pick it up again. i find thats the best way for me to do it.
    i have finished the gypsy wagon and wedding sampler that i really needed to finish, now that i have i cant wait to start on my haeds again.

    as for the threads i buy mine from here,

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/60-X-DMC-Threads-PYO-Colours-Pre-Wound-on-Bobbins_W0QQitemZ380262828789QQihZ025QQcategoryZ41235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ht_500wt_1154

    i use wendy all the time now as they caome all prewound onto cards too, so saves me a job and saves me a fortune too, she does other amounts of thread too

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to add it takes me weeks to do one page, sometimes i am lucky to put 100 stitches in, like you said one stitch at a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be disheartened. Sometimes it's taken me a month or more to complete one page. HAEDs aren't supposed to be done in a week. My current HAED is 48 pages, and I've almost completed 5 of them. She's gonna look fabulous when she's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend started a Golden Kite design about 7 years ago and after 7 years on and off stitching - she finished it. It is an amazing work of art but she is in no hurry to pick up her needle again. I think a year would be good! I did a QS in a year. You do it at your own pace and enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see the progress after september 4th...;-) new pictures please

    ReplyDelete