Tuesday 29 May 2012

Page 7 finished!

Page 7 of 24 is done :)  236 strands of DMC purchased so far - eek!

A quick re-cap, she is being stitched in 6 strands of DMC threads, over 2 on 18ct evenweave, so it works out at 9 stitches per inch. The design is Night Queen by Jessica Galbreth @ Heaven and Earth Designs.

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into page 8, it looks like a big chunk of hair, but then i'm onto the facial features, I cannot wait to see how those stitch up.

It looks like I will have a little more time to give to this project for a while, although I do need to juggle my time with art course work as well, i'm hoping to be able to share another page finish before the end of June.

I'm also going to try my best to update my blog a little more frequently from now on, i've been a bit of a bad blogger ;@)

Here are some piccies, I hope you like her x




8 comments:

  1. wow! It's incredible! I LOVE how the crow is coming out! The last picture with the little child is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha now THAT pic puts it into perspective.. W@W !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sure is a huge project, very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is huge, I can hardly believe it. Isn't it already too heavy to hold or did you find a solution for the weight problem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always fascinated how huge this project is, it will be breathtaking when it's finished =)
    I hope more blog posts will also include some more of your wonderful drawings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tell you...the more and more I see this piece, the more it makes me want to attempt something like it! It is so gorgeous! Though, I don't envy you the cost of floss nor the cost of framing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg that is a huge piece of fabric!!! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am writing an article for a UK stitching magazine about big projects and would love to feature your HAED. If you're happy to be featured could you email me at info@margaretsherrykits.co.uk
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Best wishes
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete