Thursday 1 November 2012

Wolf Update :)

Thank you so much for the comments and messages from my last post, drawing has become a bit of a passion/obsession, I started learning just over a year ago and haven't looked back :)  I've found I really, really love drawing animals and birds, wolves and owls in particular, its a little ambition of mine to one day have them converted into cross stitch :)

To answer a couple of questions, it takes maybe around 30-40 hours to do a detailed drawing like this, I like to build up the fur in layers which takes alot of time, but I think its worth it.  I have done a couple of drawings for other people, but am not confident enough to offer commissions yet, I hope to one day though.  It would be wonderful to do pet portraits for people who love their furrbabies xx

This guy was going to be my first for sale, but I have decided instead to send him as a gift to a family friend who adores wolves.  I'm planning to try him again in pastels next week, my first attempts at colourwork with animals, not sure it will turn out as well, but its all good experience, I will give it my best shot!

Here is is after a few more hours, he isnt quite finished, I will pop him away overnight now and look at him with fresh eyes in the morning before adding the final layers of fur and tone.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is amazing. I have been trying to learn to draw, just don't have the time to dedicate to it.

    ReplyDelete